Buzz Junior returns to Gravitas Recordings on January 27th with a heavy EP we can’t wait to share with the world. Recently being featured on Insomniac Radio and winning the Nocturnal Wonderland DJ / Producer Competition, we are very excited to share his latest work. Circulate EP features Gallium, Aych and Snxxz3 collaborations that we can’t wait to hear on the big festival sound systems; bridging the gap between modern festival bass music and bouncy trap.
“When I wrote Contraband I it just kind of felt like the opening of something larger than just the one song by itself so I played around with some new ideas that felt like they fit into the same universe and ended up creating the rest of the rest of the EP with that starting point.” – Buzz Junior
‘Drip’ opens the EP with a hyphy trap beat with evolving sound design over a catchy rhythm impossible not to move to, perfectly keeping the same groove while showcasing his unique sound design and interesting switches. ‘Grillz’ with Gallium keeps the same high energy building into a bouncy drop of drippy wubs and heavy bass, a perfect blend between trap and dubstep. ‘Circulate’ has an epic build of breakbeats and dark reese basses, dropping into powerful bass and catchy synths that would hype up any crowd. ‘Periphery’… more
releases January 27, 2023
1) Contraband – – Mix, Mastering, & Songwriting by John Garlock (Buzz Junior)
2) Circulate – – Mix, Mastering, & Songwriting by John Garlock (Buzz Junior)
3) Grills – – Mix, Mastering, & Songwriting by John Garlock (Buzz Junior) & Greyson Otwell (Gallium)
4) Drip – – Mix, Mastering, & Songwriting by John Garlock (Buzz Junior)
5) Mix & Songwriting by John Garlock (Buzz Junior) & Harrison Smith (AYCH) Master by Nick Wolfe
6) Contraband – – Mix, Mastering, & Songwriting by Jeremy Cruz (Snxxz3)
A special thank you to the love of my life norm4eva for the constant inspiration, support and creative motivation.
<3 to my friends and collaborators Snxxz3, Gallium & AYCH for their part in this project + Lasse for creating the visual concept (and all the other friends that offered feedback or advice on the songs, titles, artwork etc)
Thanks to Jesse, Nick, Maya, Alicia for helping to realize the vision.
And most importantly thanks to you all for listening.